Thursday, October 5, 2017

Labrador Retriever Puppies - 10 Commandments or More?

labrador retriever puppiesLabrador Retriever puppies seem to be for sale everywhere these days. From Georgia to Michigan, Temecula to Hawaii, Labrador Retriever puppies have become very popular. Your new puppy may be a black, chocolate, or yellow Lab. Labrador Retriever puppies are cute, but they are energetic, too, and require immediate training.

Labrador Retriever puppies need 10 commandments - or maybe more! From the puppies' standpoint, the 10 commandments should be given to the humans who will care for them. For example:

* You must take me out for long walks at least 3 times a day.

* You must feed me from your plate when I whine and beg.

* You must let me sleep in your bed with you so I don't get lonely.

You are intelligent enough to know that would be a big mistake. You must be in charge, and you must have rules for your Labrador Retriever puppies. For your help, and with a bit of tongue-in-cheek, we offer the following.

Labrador Retriever Puppies' 10 Commandments from a Human Standpoint

1. As long as they live under my roof, Labrador Retriever puppies will do as I say. When I say "come," you will come. When I say "sit," you will sit. I am the boss - leader of the pack.

2. Labrador Retriever puppies will always tell me when they need to relieve themselves. We will go outside, which is the only place you may do this. And on the same subject, Labrador Retriever puppies will learn not to make water simply because they are excited or acting submissive.

3. I have given you Labrador Retriever puppies comfortable beds. You will sleep in your beds - not in my bed, not in the cat's bed, and not in the children's beds.

4. All Labrador Retriever puppies in this home will be given good, nourishing dog food everyday. You will not supplement that food by chewing my shoes, furniture, and other belongings. You will not beg at the table, laying your soft, cuddly head on my lap to coerce a bite from my plate.

5. I know that Labrador Retriever puppies want to bite and gnaw, but you will not bite and gnaw on people. If you were home with your mother, she and your litter mates would soon teach you not to do it. I'll give you bones to chew instead.

6. All Labrador Retriever puppies get a stomach ache when they eat the wrong things. If you feel sick, you must never throw up inside the house - especially not on the carpet or on any of MY clothing!

7. I understand that Labrador Retriever puppies simply must tell everybody how exciting life is, but please do it quietly. You must never, never try to tell the whole neighborhood, especially in the middle of the night.

8. All Labrador Retriever puppies in this home must understand that the house is not a glorious obstacle course. You must not race from one end of the house to the other. You must not use the furniture when playing keep away.

9. I know that Labrador Retriever puppies love running in the rain. I do not! You will ask to go out in the rain only when you absolutely must. You will then do your business quickly so that I can get dry again.

10. All Labrador Retriever puppies in this house will like the people that I like, and behave properly around them. You will NEVER slobber all over people, even though you may love them.

Labrador Retriever Puppies' 10 Commandments From a Pet's Standpoint

If you are looking for the 10 commandments from a pet's standpoint, you will find them on several websites. The Dog Listener is a British site that lists them. Ontario Pet Rescue also lists them.

Anna Hart. Anna Hart invites you to read more of her articles about Labrador Retriever puppies at http://www.lovablelabradors.com. Anna has posted additional information on that site about all ages of Labrador Retrievers. If you ever wondered where to find the best dog urine cleaner for puppy accidents, you enjoy Anas article on the subject.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/539394