1.Look for a bakery that bakes everything in-house. With all the pet food recalls it's important to know where the dog treats are being made.
2. Make sure that the ingredients are listed for each dog treat.
3. Look for the guaranteed analysis for each type of dog treat. The FDA requires that all registered dog treats have a guaranteed analysis.
"What is guaranteed Analysis?" At minimum, a pet food label must state guarantees for the minimum percentages of crude protein and crude fat, and the maximum percentages of crude fiber and moisture. The "crude" term refers to the specific method of testing the product, not to the quality of the nutrient itself.
4. What kind of treats to look for.
Treats need to be low in fat, good tasting, and nutritious (high in vitamins and minerals). Treats containing vegetables are great treats to offer your dog. Sweet raw baby carrots, raw broccoli, raw sweet red peppers, pieces of banana, pineapple, pieces of apple or pears, you can experiment and see what you dog likes. They have taste preferences too!
A protein treat can be as simple as baking some beef liver in the oven until crisp. This is fine if you're in the mood to bake. Look for a bakery that uses all natural ingredients in their treats.
5. Are there testimonials?
Like it or not, many of us are can be wary of Internet businesses. Testimonials are great way to reduce fears by presenting satisfied customer reports. If people are happy with the product and their willing to tell you about it, then that's a good sign. Also, if a business is willing to give their customers the option to give their opinion on their products, then they are probably confident that most of the feedback will be positive.
6. Does the dog bakery offer free shipping? Ordering online is great especially if the dog bakery offers free shipping. This is a good sign that the bakery is doing enough business to absorb the profit margin.
7. Does the website have additional features? Does the online dog bakery provide dog owners the opportunity to post videos of their pooch acting cute, crazy, or just plain goofy. Cab you get answers to questions you may have about pet particular issues. And, something that I think is really great, if you think your dog is truly adorable, is there a place to upload their their photo? Seeing your dogs photo online is really exciting! Does the dog bakery offer a newsletter? Discounts? Promotions?
Being an adorable pet is tougher than it looks so if you want to reward your furry friend for all the hard work try treating them to some delicious, healthy gourmet dog treats.
For some great dog treats and a website full of fun things for you and your dog to do http://www.begginbeaglebakery.com Bone appetite!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1684341