1. If your dog starts to display signs of weakness, there could be a potentially serious issue going on with their health. You may find that your pet lacks the level of activity that they normally have, or you may find that they appear to have a general sense of lethargy. In addition to the sign of weakness, you are likely to discover that your pet has coordination complications and issues with their balance. If you notice any of these signs of dog illness, it is imperative that you get your pet in to see a veterinarian as soon as possible for immediate medical assistance.
2. The next sign of concern includes a general lack of appetite. In order to appropriately monitor your pet's appetite, you should schedule two to three times daily in which you offer them food. If, on the next feeding, you notice that the bowl still contains quite a bit of food it will help you to see that there may be issues with the appetite.
3. If you find that your pet has an issue with bad breathe, there could be a medical condition that you should be aware of. Bad breathe is also known as a condition called halitosis. This could indicate that there is an issue with the metabolism of the dog, and could even indicate a potential issue in the area of dental.
4. The next reason that you should be concerned is if you notice that your pet is not as active as normal. If your dog was once playful and full of energy, but now lacks that trait, then you should consider taking them for a check up to ensure that a more serious issue is not occurring other than simple age or fatigue.
5. If you notice that your dog is consuming a generous amount of water, especially if the amount is more than usual, you should be concerned. This could indicate a large number of problems that are health related. These complications may include dehydration, diabetes, and even issues with the kidneys.
6. If you notice that your dog is becoming lethargic, you may need to become concerned. Lethargy may indicate a potentially serious condition. You may notice that your pet no longer takes an interest in the things that they once did, or they seem to sleep more than usual.
7. If your pet is not grooming themselves in the same manner that they used to, you should be concerned. You may even notice issues like a dull coat, hair falling out of the coat, and similar issues. If you recognize any of these signs, be sure to seek medical care for your dog.
8. Weight loss is the final sign of the 8 signs of dog illness you should recognize.
As you can see from the information contained here, the 8 signs of dog illness you should recognize can typically be easily identified. If you notice these signs, seek medical attention immediately.
To find out what you need to know about your dogs health [http://HowToBeYourOwnVet.com], learn how to save your dogs life in an emergency and save thousands of dollars in vet bills, visit Gaetane's site and get a FREE dog training guide.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2240347